Saturday 14 July 2012

Green beans you say?


After Kyla’s suggestion, I tried myself some green beans today.

I sent my human to the shop to buy some, here she is offering me one (Floyd thought he’d have a go at them too...)



I took the first one onto my cushion in the lounge room and gave it a bit of a sniff.



It was okay, but I don’t think, but I don’t really think they’re my favourite thing. I think I like my treats with a... meatier flavour.



Floyd thought they were good too chew on, but mostly we made a chewed up bean mess for the humans to clean up.



Uncle Fergus suggests we have a go at watermelon when summer comes around, he loves it. So when the weather warms up, we’ll give that a go.

12 comments:

  1. Don't tell anyone but for almost a year I actually liked green beans! Yup, it's true, and then one day I decided they were gross and I hid them between the cushions on my couch and sometimes I just left them on the kitchen floor for my mom to clean up. She was so upset that I didn't eat the green beans that she wouldn't pick them up until they got all shriveled! So....my advice? Just give your parents time to get used to the idea that you hate green beans...they'll get over it....trust me!
    Guess what? I'm your newest follower! We love your blog! Very fun place to be!
    Love,
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to meet you Daisy, glad to see I'm not alone on the green beans front!

      Waggles,

      Dougall

      Delete
  2. If you don't want them, could you send them to me and Stuart? On second thought, forget Stuart, I need all the green beans for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be an idea, but I don't think they'd survive the journey!

      Delete
  3. Ernie and I love green beans.... but only when we go to the garden and have mom pick them FRESH from the vines... We eat like 87 of them... right there between the rows... yummmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh guys yukky green things , no thank you with the exception of Spring grass. Have a great weekend.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, that's exactly what I do with those green beans. I have to loose some weight (yea, Ma said my hinnie was gettin' WAY too big), so Ma thought she would try givin' me veggies as 'treats'....yea, not buyin' it! Let's just say that Floyd and I could make a very interesting sculpture with our mushed up beans!

    Kisses,

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. We both like green beans! They're good. Have you tried them frozen, Dougall? It's like eating a green bean popsicle!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete