Friday 2 October 2020

Bucket List - Beach Trip

Life has thrown me a great, big curve ball, but you know what I said this week... 

Don’t worry, BEACH happy!


On Tuesday the peep and I jumped in the car and headed off to Berrara on the south coast of New South Wales. It was a pretty long drive because where we live, Wagga Wagga is very much inland. But the peep has wanted to take me to the beach since I was a wee pup. 

When we finally got to the beach I didn't really know what to expect at first... 


But, I soon got stuck in and enjoyed all the sights and smells... 


I liked walking on the rocks and paddling in the pools best of all, the waves (even the smallest ones) were a bit much for a wee short lad like me! 


Our trip away was for two nights, with my peep, her sister and family. That's right, Floyd didn't come. The peep said the trip was for me, and well, Floyd isn't always nice to me. I think I've posted about this before, but he doesn't share toys with me and gets mighty jealous when humans give me attention. So, I got to have a break away from him and the peep got me my very own ducky toy for the trip... 


I went to a different beach every day we were away, and also went for a walk along a warf at Sussex Inlet. 


It was a great trip away, I got lots of attention, treats and spent some special time with my peep. I was (and am) living my best life! And I want you to do the same... 


Get out there and SEAS the day!



20 comments:

  1. OMD, dude, what a FABulous trip!!!! OMD, I loved your Scottitude! And you didn't even mind gettin' your furs wet! ( Not MY thing, butts given that it was the Ocean, maybe I would have made an exception! BOL!)
    Your videos made Ma smile from ear to ear! And made me bark with excitement!! Sorry Floydie isn't nicer to you, butts I do thinks he understands! (maybe ☺) I hopes you brought some sand home for him...if only in your furs! hehehehee
    {{{hugs}}}
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Ma's smile and your barks make me and the peep happy. That's what it's all about.

      Delete
  2. "Seas the day". Bwahaha! What a great beach trip. Dougall, shall I let you into a wee secret? When I first visited the beach I was still a young puppy. (We have a beach less than two miles from our home in Aberdeen). Although I faced the world with much boldness - Gail would say recklessness - at that age, I was actually a bit scared of the beach. All that open space and no trees or lamp posts to pee on! These days I have come to enjoy the beach, but no way am I going in the waves.
    WE're looking forward to reading about the next experience on your list Dougall. You have such a thoughtful peep.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why a wee pup would be overwhelmed by the beach, those waves are something else! By my third trip I was avoiding the water myself!

      Delete
  3. It looks like you are having a SuperDuper time, Dougall! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun. Glad to are getting to enjoy the sea with the peeps. Love your ducky. Told mom that I would like one. Nice to see you again. Now on the the next item on your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, my ducky is pretty fun, he quacks and everything!

      Delete
  5. We are glad that you got to go on such a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous adventure. We love you 'leading the peeps'. We've never been to a real beach. Not sure of that aggressive water, but it looks wonderful. Thanks for taking us along, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many beaches near Dubbo, BOL! Maybe it's time for a road trip?

      Delete
  7. I can't relate to curve balls because I'm a screwball.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seas the day - we liked that very much:) We have never been to the beach, but it sure looks like fun. The water there is so clear too. We are glad you had such a great time.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should gets your peeps to take you to a beach too!

      Delete
  9. Your days of grace sure are packed with joy.
    Rubber Duckie joy of joys
    When I squeeze you, you make noise
    Rubber Duckie you're my very best friend it's true
    Dougall I pray you have many more Seas the Days!
    Your Friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My peep loves Ernie's rubber ducky song!
      Thanks for stopping by 😊

      Delete